-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wednesday Vignette: Bad Hair Day?

Wednesday Vignette is hosted by Anna and Flutter and Hum.  Click here to join in the fun.

This building in Barcelona seems to be having a bad hair day. This is what happens if you don't take care of your slinky!

We all have a bad hair day every now and then.  Sometimes a hat, scarf, or turban is the only solution.

If you think that's odd, look at what's coming up next month:


THE CASCADE CACTUS & SUCCULENT SOCIETY

CORDIALLY INVITES YOU TO OUR ANNUAL

ODD PLANT SHOW & SALE

at
Sky Nursery
18528 Aurora Avenue North
Shoreline
(206) 546-4851


SATURDAY & SUNDAY

September 10 & 11

  9-6 Saturday
 10-4 Sunday


Classes on Sunday September 11


10:00 am Growing Cacti and Succulents Indoors
11:30 am Growing Cacti and Succulents from Seed

Check out our website at www.cascadecss.org

17 comments:

  1. Ha! I have bad hair days all the time! Those turbans don't look very comfortable, though, so I think I'll pass... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did you go to Barcelona to take that picture? Oh, I might be up for going to that thingy at Sky. Want to go together? We're both pretty odd, we'll fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me, I don't travel much but the Tom is living in Spain for a couple of months. It would be great fun to go to Sky together!

      Delete
  3. Your turbans look familiar! I wonder what I ever did with those things! Did Tom take your Barcelona photo? How is he doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those turbans showed up when I was going through some swag bags. Tom did take that photo. He's loving living there.

      Delete
    2. When I saw this comment, I realized what the turbans are!

      Delete
  4. Barcelona is one of the funnest cities I ever visited! Who's the lucky tourist?
    I'd be out of the country on September 11; A missed opportunity to say hi to you and Alison again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom's the lucky tourist. His Airbnb has a view of Sagrada familia in which he spent the whole day yesterday.

      Delete
  5. I love the messed-up giant slinky! It's such a contrast with the surrounding architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just realized that your photos depict me these days: hairnet in the mornings, unkempt wildness after that. You'll never complain about "bad hair" after wearing hairnets daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your hairnet mornings. Does the all you can eat pie make up for it?

      Delete
  7. My Slinkies always ended up looking something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. The first photo reminds me of my hair right now. I need a trim! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.