-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Sorticulture Part One

when posting about an event like this, I usually try to sort vendors out a bit more but Sorticulture had so many cool offerings that I'll just drag you along with me on my random path through the various booths.


Many of the beds around the park were bedded out with this hot colortcombination bedded out.  Not visible in this picture but present in many of the beds was  dark purple coleus as well.  The banners fit right in and along with the bright beds set the mood for the day.

Speaking of floral combinations, Ia's garden had lots of sweet bouquets. 

 The Tarantellas performed as they roved. 

Posing on a giant chair for a picture.

Concrete castings from Forest Green Enterprises who also do mail order.


Copper work by Cowdawg Creations  with cool verdigris, copper's answer to rust. 

Barbara Sanderson's fiddlesticks are faves of mine and I've collected a few over the years.

Barbara has decided, after fifteen years of building Glass Gardens Northwest, to sell her business and move on to other adventures.  Read more about the new owners and new possibilities at GGN here.
 I wish Barbara the best of luck as she pursues new passions and wish the new owners great success, looking forward to seeing what new and exciting pieces they'll add.

I loved Joe Clifton's ladies.


Bedrock Industries, another long-time favorite of mine.


Loving head planters, this one from Madrugada Pottery was a temptation.  Joe?  Joe Stalin?  Is that you?  OMG, you look faaaabulous for being 137 years old.  (Oh please, someone's had serious work done)
 
Carol's Dragonfly Rocks are nicely done.


So much fun!


Dehanna Jones/Totally Blown Glassworks utilizes some gorgeous color combinations.  Is the blow up kiddie pool used as a display for glass floats a hoot or what?

Albe Rustics brilliant banners and twig furniture make any event a festival!

You may remember seeing similar work at Dragonfly Gardens.  The reason is that Mark Priest, Tecweld Metal Art displayed and sold his work there.  Let's see, a cactus, and agave,
and a Lila.  Is Danger around here somewhere? 
I'll end this first Sorticulture post with this amazing mosaic pot.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the artist's name.  Please let me know if you do as I'd love to give her credit for this intricate and beautifully done piece.


Look at all of those tiny pieces and artful shading.  Oh the patience!

Notice that even the inside of the upper part of the pot is done. Don't think I'd put a plant in this, would you?
Stay tuned for more fun from Everett!  Happy Solstice!  The days start getting shorter again.  

7 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful pot! I don't think I'd even dare put that pot outside where it might get wet. I would have been very tempted to buy that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmmmmm. If I could only choose one thing, I think it would be a piece of concrete casting. What beautiful stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have been in heaven! So what did you buy? (and I love the "danger" corner)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post reminded me how much I enjoyed this event last year. I'll try to go again next year. Just approaching the park with all the beautiful beds and colorful banners make one smile with joy. Hard to pick a favorite: can I have one of each?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a lot of fun -- love that mosaic work on the pot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish that SoCal was more like the PNW when it comes to plants and garden stuff. I love that twig furniture and the mosaic pot too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These art fairs are such an inspiration...and just plain fun! Even when the visit is virtual.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.